These are India’s worst affected states with the highest number of infections
The overall number of COVID-19 cases in India has surpassed the 20.6 million mark and recorded 2,26,188 fatalities, so far. India has recorded 3,82,315 new COVID-19 cases and 3,780 new fatalities in the last 24 hours, surpassing the 3.8 lakh mark in daily numbers of active cases. Maharashtra tops the list of most Coronavirus-affected states in India with 6,41,910 active cases and total 71,742 deaths, so far. India is the second most affected country in the world with 2,06,65,148 COVID-19 cases and 2,26,188 fatalities.
These are top 10 most Corona-affected states in India with highest number of COVID-19 cases:
- Maharashtra : The western state recorded 48,22,902 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 71,742 fatalities. The state currently has 6,73,481 active cases with the recovery rate at 41,07,092.
- Kerala: The southern state has 17,01,980 confirmed cases and 5,508 fatalities. It currently has 3,56,868 active cases and the recovery stands at 13,39,257.
- Karnataka: The southwestern state has 16,90,934 confirmed cases and 16,538 deaths. Karnataka currently has 4,64,363 active COVID-19 cases in the state and the recovery rate stands at 12,10,013.
- Uttar Pradesh: The most populous state in India recorded 13,68,183 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 13,798 deaths. Uttar Pradesh currently has 2,72,568 active cases with recovery rate at 10,81,817.
- Tamil Nadu: With 12,49,292 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 14,612 deaths, Tamil Nadu is among one of the worst hit states in South India. The state currently has 1,25,230 active cases with the recovery rate at 11,09,450.
- Delhi: Cases in the country’s capital state are rising daily and currently have 90,419 active cases. The state recorded 12,32,942 confirmed cases and 17,752 deaths with 11,24,771 people recovering from the virus.
- Andhra Pradesh: Second worst affected state in southern India with 11,84,028 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 8,289 fatalities. The state currently has 1,59,597 active cases whereas 10,16,142 people recovered after the infection.
- West Bengal: Worst affected state in the east, West Bengal registered 8,98,533 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 11,744 fatalities. Currently, Bengal has 1,20,946 active cases with 7,65,843 people recovering from the virus.
- Chhattisgarh: The state has 1,24,459 active cases of COVID-19. It has registered 7,87,486 confirmed cases and 9,485 fatalities.
- Rajasthan: This western state has recorded 6,68,221 confirmed cases and 4,866 deaths, so far. Rajasthan, currently, has 1,97,045 active cases with a recovery rate of 4,66,310.
Commonly used treatments for COVID-19 and therapies with emergency use authorizations During a public health emergency, such as COVID-19, the FDA can issue an emergency use authorization (EUA) to help make new medications and medical products more available to patients. Having an EUA does not mean that the FDA has approved the medication or product. Rather, the intent of an EUA is to make it easier for patients to receive a new potential treatment when no other options are available.